Texas Long-Range Plan for Technology

This week in my coursework, I was asked to familiarize myself with the Texas Long-Range Plan for Technology. I began by reading extensively through the plan, which contains four main parts: Teaching and Learning, Educator Preparation and Development, Leadership, Administration, and Instructional Support, and lastly Infrastructure for Technology. Honestly, prior to reading the plan I was a little confused, not really understanding what each part of the plan was going to encompass. Was it going to give me specific instructions until the year 2020, or was it only going to give me suggestions as to how to guide and integrate it at my campus?

The information I acquired from this plan answered both of the above questions far beyond my expectations. I have to admit after analyzing this plan and comprehending the information I feel one hundred percent more confident and self-assured, no to mention qualified to guide, integrate, and implement technology on my campus.

The plan outlined expectations of technology in all areas, specifically a vision of technology in Texas schools. Although, I consider myself fairly techno0logically advanced, I did have some lingering doubts that I was going to fall short of the technological expectations Texas is making on our classrooms. By reviewing the Expectations of the Plan section, Defining the Need for Change section, Introducing the 21st Learner section, and Teacher Voices section I was able to understand what the whole point of the Long-Range Plan. Because, we are in a technological age and our students are the diversified learners that they are, there is an insurmountable need to integrate technology into our schools. This plan outlines just how to do that. Because, I can remember when I was "in the classroom" and struggling with trying to reach everybody on their diversified levels with the type of instruction that fit their learning style I could identify with many of the conditions upon which the plan was written. As an administrator because it is my responsibility to define the current and future challenges impeding educational and economic progress, and develop a strategic educational response, this where I would pick up the Long-Range Plan. We as educators are in a moment of change, and we all know how hard change is for educators, using the plan to guide a campus through integration and use of technology is essential. I feel confident that I now have recommendations to fall back on regarding Teaching and Learning, Educator Preparation and Development, Leadership, Administration and Instructional Support, and Infrastructure for Technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment